Monday, July 3, 2017

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? July 3, 2017


Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

Happy 4th of July (almost)!
I have been busy reading lately, but not so busy posting. Here are some books I have read in recent weeks. 


 
I reviewed these books last week. Very fun way to play with words for pre-K-2

So FUN! A must-have! K-5

Adorable, as expected. K-4

Nonfiction picture book about one of the first coders. Loved it. Review here

An alternative to Wimpy Kid. Will make you want to do some pull ups. Grades 3-5

For fans of Matt Christopher. Grades 3-5

Full review here

Beautifully written. Grades 5+

Currently Reading


Up Next?


I hope you all enjoy the holiday with family, friends and great books!








6 comments:

  1. The Legend of Rock, Paper, Scissors is so cute and funny. I know several teachers who will be getting that one for their classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Hattie and Hudson so I'll have to check that one out. The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors is a big hit with students at my school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really really want to read Grace Hopper. Unfortunately, my library doesn't have it. I loved Beyond the Bright Sea.
    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holiday, Gigi. So many that have been praised here. I loved Rock, Paper Scissors and have the Grace Hopper, sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred Bowen should really get more love! Also, I'm impressed that you're on November releases already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought Warrior Kid but haven't read it yet. I'm hoping it will appeal to my Wimpy Kid readers!
    You're reading more than me, I am so behind!

    ReplyDelete