Monday, February 2, 2015

It's Monday, What Are You Reading-February 2

Please visit the amazing blogs: Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers who host this terrific meme each week.

Here are a few things I read this week. Click on the covers to learn more about the books.



Adorable early chapter book!

I discuss this excellent example of how one person can make a difference on Wednesday. 

Finished Reading
Really enjoyed this mysterious "realistic" fiction book. Great for middle grades.

Thank you to my friend Susan Dee for recommending this book and lending me your copy. I LOVED it. 
Stella, her family and community face discrimination and violence in segregated North Carolina. Good for grades 4-8. 

Currently Reading

What Are YOU Reading Friends?

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you loved Stella by Starlight! As you know...cause I never stop talking...I thoroughly enjoyed this book! How exciting to hear Sharon Draper got the Margaret Edwards Lifetime Achievement Award this morning. And how about El Deafo??? I also loved Dory...another great addition to the early chapter book category.

    Hope you had a great day today!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great reads on this list. I didn't know about Paper Things, but I've added it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much booklove for Stella by Starlight. I hope I find it soon.

    ReplyDelete